Re: Does this mean anything?

> I'm trying to determine if the world 'Stoltz' is:
>
> 1) a real word?
>
> 2) does it mean anything?
>
> I can only presume it's of German extraction.
> The context the word is being used in is 'Stoltzwind'.
> Thank you,
>
> Michael Limner, esq.

Good Michael,

	Stoltz is indeed German, and means pride, haughtiness, and suchlike.
It has a figurative connotation of something that is majestic.  When paired
with wind, (which in German means "wind" <g>) one might conjecture that it
means something like a great, powerful force or storm that sweeps all before
it.  Sort of like German Mongols?  :-)

	What can I say?  I'm a hopelessly poetic militarist!  :-)

	and I refuse, even as a herald, to take a single step down the road to
silliness that is indicated by trying to translate this as a haughty wind ....
I leave that sort of humor to my lord ....  :-)

	Tschuss,
	Meli
	(who sometimes moonlights as Margarethe .... )