Re: Viking Ship Shelters (was Re: resources?)

  Building a Viking Ship Shelter tent is simplicity itself.  The frame is
  an isoceles triangle.  Get six 2x4s about 8-10 feet long.  Get three
  round closet poles about 10-12 feet long.  At both ends of the 2x4s
  drill a hole all the way through big enough for the poles to fit
  through (but small enough for it to be snug).

I'd consider pegging the ends of the dowels, myself.  But I've never built
such a tent, and am only beginning to learn woodworking and carpentry.
(Actually, being lazy, I'd build a clamp out of 2x4.  Drill a hole, cut a
notch, and screw together.  Let's see if the ascii art will work...

                    \./
-------------------------
|                    s  |    Use a forstner bit or hole saw to cut a hole,
|      -             s  |    a hand saw to cut a slice, and bore a hole for
|    -----           s  |    the bolt and wingnut.  Instant clamp.  Slide
|   -----------------s--|    two on each end of the dowel, and clamp the
|    -----           s  |    uprights in place.

Comments?  I don't think this is particularly period, and I don't know if
it is all that necessary.  I guess I'm just babbling.

	Tibor