Re: Terribly sorry...

Greetings unto those who were unable to attend the gathering, from Sean Mackay,

     I was able to attend for at least a while and did meet several fine
gentles whose names escape me at this time, however I am glad to have made
their aquaintance and look forward to the next time when even more of you are
able to make it.
     There were about 15 or so that I saw and 2 gentles with guitars, one sang
beautiful Spanish(?) songs and the other sang a variety or English folk songs.
Also there were a few others who sang acapella(sp?).  There were marshmallows
roasting on an open fire(oops wrong season), I had several of them, and
excellent company kept the merryment at high levels.
     The campsight was hard to find in the dark, I went down the main road
until I thought I might get lost and asked a gentle if he knew where the Merry
Rose was gathering and it turned out to be only one campsight back, marked with
a sign with a large red rose seeded with a smiley face(figure it out).
     About the event, I was unable to make the feasts, but heard they were
excellent.  I arrived to late on Saturday to know who won the fighting, either
heavy or duello, but on Sunday there was a Passage of Armes Tourney, with 15(I
think) 6 member teams each with a theme representing Atlantia's history.  6
teams were Defenders, there were the Venerable Knights of Atlantia(those who
have been Knights since befor Atlantia was made a Kingdom),   Former Royalty of
Atlantia(had to serve on the Throne of Atlantia at least once), Atlantian
Notables(former or current holders of an A&S title like Poeta Atlantia...),
Young Punks of Storvik(all fighters from The Barony of Storvik under 19 years
old and some were not even born when Atlantia was founded), Windmasters Hi
ll(started out as a challenger and offered to become a defender to help even
the sides, eliminating their chances to win the day) and one other that I
cannot remember the theme to.  I won't even try to tell the theme to the other
9 Challengers, but there was much excellent fighting and all made an excellent
showing for their teams and themes.  I was proud to be a part of the 4th
generation of Oldcastle squires fighting team(called The Next Generation).  We
fought 5 of the 6 defenders that day and had the honour of being chosen as
victors of the tourney.
     The weather was cool and overcast with periods of rain, mostly excellent
for fighting, but it made parts of the field slick and/or muddy.  There was
archery throughout most of Saturday and Sunday, somewhat hampered by the
weather but I understand the Wand Shoot had a tie breaker by setting the wand
at a diagonal(tough shot).
     there is probably more to add, but I must leave, so take care my friends
and have fun.  I remain,

Sean MacKay