Re: University #40

> Might I suggest that directions to the site be posted as soon as possible
> for those of us who don't know where George Mason is nor where on campus
> the University is to be held.

They were already posted a couple of times, but one more can't hurt.
I think this is from the latest flyer.

The site will be Robinson Hall, on the Fairfax campus of George Mason
University.  (This was the site used last year for Collegium Borealis.)
Please note that parking will be in the Visitors Parking Deck, and will
cost $3 for all-day parking.  Tell the parking lot attendant that you are
here with the SCA.

FROM POINTS SOUTH: Take I-95 north.  Exit onto the I-495 (Washington
Beltway) to Rockville.  Exit at Braddock Road west.  (This is the first
exit, so get over into the right lane quickly!) Go about 5.5 miles on
Braddock Road.  Turn right onto Roanoke Lane, an entrance to George Mason
University.  (There should be a gas station and University Mall on your
left.) At the fork in the road, bear right.  (You should be passing a lake
on your left side, and the Patriot Center on your right.) Turn left onto
Mason Drive.  (This is the first left after the lake.) The parking deck
will be on your right.

FROM POINTS NORTH: Take your best route to the I-495 (Washington Beltway),
and exit at I-66 west.  (The I-66 exit is at around 9:00 on the Beltway,
if you think of it as if it were a clock.) Exit at 123 south (Exit #60).
Go about 7.6 miles on 123.  Turn left onto Braddock Road.  Turn left onto
Roanoke Lane, an entrance to George Mason University.  (This is the first
stoplight.  There should be a gas station and University Mall on your
right.) At the fork in the road, bear right.  (You should be passing a
lake on your left side, and the Patriot Center on your right.) Turn left
onto Mason Drive.  (This is the first left after the lake.) The parking
deck will be on your right.

(If you must drop off equipment at the site, you may use the cul- de-sac
to the side of Robinson Hall.  To get to the cul-de-sac from Roanoke Lane,
bear left at the fork in the road, so that you pass the lake on your
right.  Turn right onto the second street on your right (Lot I will be on
your left).  Bear right at the fork in the road.  Continue going straight
until the street ends; Robinson Hall is on the left side of the
cul-de-sac, to the left of the statue of George Mason.)

To get to the site from the parking deck: Leave the parking deck from the
third floor exit (to the Information Kiosk).  Cross the cul-de-sac, and
walk through the plaza past the statue of George Mason.  Robinson Hall is
on your left.

-- g