Re: Marshmallows

Please allow me, Miriam the herb lady to help out with this one.

Marshmallow is a plant. The root of which has been used medicianally and as a
confection form centuries. The root is white and very mucilagenous (kind of
chewy and slimy, but not unpleasantly so). When roasted over a fire it is
quite sweet. It was used medicinally as a kind of peptol bismol as a
decoction of the root produces a thick milky, slightly sweet brew that coats
the digestive system and was used for stomach upsets of all types. It is high
in nutrients and was and is a popular treat to roast for the children. The
confection was made to be an artificial version of the root treat.
Technically, the Marshmallow is the root of the Mallow that grows in the
Marsh, as other mallows grow elsewhere. If you would like more info or the
documentions let me know. I looked it up recently and it is in my head, but
the docs aren't at my finger tips right now.

                                         Miriam--of Herbals and Oddities.
                                               Baby at minus 8 days and
counting.
P.S. I have chopped marshmallow in stock if anyone wants to try some.