Re: Heraldry Submissions

Scott Silvers/James of Westmorland wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>         I asked a while back for some heraldic device and here I am again
> with another question.  I need to know specifics about submissions. (I
> got more than a little delayed in filling out my forms).  I've
> been told that for name and device submissions together the cost is $15.
> I've also been told that I need different submission forms for each (i.e.
> I cannot submit the two on the same sheet.)  Next, I've been told that I
> must submit 2 color drawings and 3 line drawings of my device.  Alright,
> here's  my question: What needs to be on the line drawing?  Currently I
> only have my device on it without any color.  Do I need to somehow mark
> off the colors on the device and if so how?  Also, if there's anything I
> missing, let me know.  Thanks.
>
>                         -James
>
> ___________________    ___________________________________________
> |                 |    | James Beckett of Westmorland, Seneschal |
> |-----------------|    | Incipient College of Marshals' Keep     |
> |        /\       |    | Barony of Black Diamond                 |
> |      /    \     |    | Atlantia                                |
> |     <      >    |    |-----------------------------------------|
> |      \    /     |    | Scott Silvers                           |
> |        \/       |    | Washington & Lee University             |
> |-----------------|    | Class of '98                            |
> |_________________|    |-----------------------------------------|
>
> Visit the College of Marshals' Keep Home Page at
>         http://www.wlu.edu/~sca

Greetings unto James Beckett of Westmorland from Lord Tirloch of Tallaght, Osprey
Herald!

To submit a name and device together will cost you $15.00 (cash or check made
payable to "College of Heralds of Atlantia/SCA, Inc.").

You can use the submitter's info sheet for both the name and device. You will need
to provide two (2) copies of the info sheet.

For the device, you will need to submit three (3) colored copies and one (1) black
and white outline. There is a form for an escutcheon (device).

Your local herald should have copies of these forms or copies can be found in your
herald's copy of the Atlantian Heralds Handbook.

So, the 3 color copies, 1 b/w outline copy, 2 submission forms, and $15 can be
given to your local herald for processing up the Kingdom chain.

OR

You can also mail the whole package to Mark Jones/Lord Aodhan Doilfin
                                       Golden Dolphin Herald (Submissions)
                                       PO Box 19238
                                       Alexandria, VA 22320-0238

In Service,