Re: Rosy Outlooks

On May 30, 1996 11:30:12, '"Sharon Henderson" <sharon@intercon.com>' wrote:

>Oh but, my dear lady, look about you!  Fear Not! :-)
>
>When, even in your short sojourn here, have you ever seen a single soul
who
>truly feared to speak up with an opinion???  :-)
>
>We are a nice group of people, if we do say so ourselves!  And we all
noticed,

>so stop quailing, have a nice ale, and tell us more about yourself! :-)
>
>We Were All New Once, after all ....  <g>
>
>Blessings,
>Meli
>(Herself a Proponent of either Merry Blossoms or Rosebuds, fully aware
that
>there will probably be Old Movie Jokes now .... <g>)

Truly, kind lady, I must confess that the people who frequent this
establishment have ever proven to be less than shy with an opinion and more
oft than no right quick-witted; indeed, it is this very thing and the tenor
of your conversations that has given me the courage to delurk.  As my lady
Miriam has so kindly provided me with a tad of drink, I shall introduce
myself...

As you know, I am yet so new that I haven't become named, but I come from
Eire, circa 1590.  Awful truth be knownst, I am (blush) a jeweler, hardly
an appropriate occupation for a lady.  I have yet to attain that degree of
stature where I can openly defy convention and brazenly proclaim that I am
a merchant in the precious metals, but since you good people have been so
kind, I would not lead you astray by intention.  So far I have not attended
any functions but am in the process of procuring help in that area by a
noble of this fair kingdom and hope soon to make more than a
cyber-appearance.

I wish to thank all for your warm welcome and hospitality; I have wandered
the streets here but only recently entered the Merry Rose - would that I
had done so sooner!

Sue the unnamed

(ducking what looks to be suspiciously like a kitchen sink...)

schenoweth@usa.pipeline.com