MRS: Riddles

I had some trouble with my mail server recently,
and I fear I lost track of the two riddle threads.
The last I heard, on one thread a Saxon riddle
about something with one eye and 4200 heads (or
something like that; I foolishly deleted the
fine poem) was still unguessed, and on the other
thread the current poser was a long poem about
white-covered hills and valleys.

Would someone please email me privily about
how these games progressed?

-- Alfredo