RE: Discuss: If Atlantia were a deck of Cards, what would it look like?

Greetings from Eldrydd (or is it Eldred, now?)!!

Scripsit Lord Leifr Johansson:

[info on experimental decks -- snip]

%I asked him if he [Earl Dafydd] thought it would be
% "period" to create an Atlantian deck with symbols
%evocative of Atlantia.  I think his answer was "Yes".

I like it!

%For suits I'm thinking Escallops in gold, with the Ace being a Blue
%Escalop with a pearl,

%Acorns (a period suit for the German deck, I believe) with the Ace being
%an Acorn centered on a blasted Oak (remember Myrkwoode),

%Tridents, with the Ace being a Red dolphin maintain one, or maybe also a
%seahorse maintaining one (we've got extra cards, you can personalize your
%deck ;-).

%And maybe Bows, though that is the weakest choice, I think.

I really like the first three suits that you have proposed.  They are
_very_ Atlantian.

I'm afraid you are correct about the bows.  Besides, knowing which
way the wind blows in this Kingdom indicates that bows would not be
received well.  Swords would be a suit that is more appropriate but
***WAY*** overdone.  Besides, you already have a weapons' suit.
Something "long" could be a conch shell, but it may be too similar
to the acorns if not executed properly.  I'm partial to crossed
trumpets myself 8^)

Another shape could be either a dolphin or a unicornate hippocampus.
They are both somewhat complex shapes, but identifiable.  The only
problem I envision is confusing the ace of the suit with your
proposed Ace of Tridents--well, it also conflicts with your proposed
2 water, 2 forest symmetry.

%But that gives us two Round suits, two Long suits, but also two "Water"
%suits and two "Forest" suits.

%I feel it would be nice to give the first decks to the Crown, with some
%for gifts, then maybe sell some at an event to raise money for the Oak
%(one of my favorite worthy causes) then turn over production to the
%Atlantian Piece Goods company for fundraising for the kingdom.

%However, I can not carve wood.  Otherwise, especially with design, I
%would be interested in helping.

I can learn to carve wood....  I do a good bit of modelling work, so
I can adapt some of my skills from there along with my calligraphic
talents.  The question now is:  where do I pull time from to do *this*
project, too?

Eldrydd