Re: MR: Banter: Water

> Oh, dear, the fireplace has gotten out of control!  Gracious!  Lord Kevin,
> might you hand out the buckets?  There is a well in the public square-  Lord
> Gruffudd, would you lend a hand in beating out these flames?  Honourable
                                                                ^^^^^^^^^^
> Landi- would you move the flamables away from the fire?  Dear me! <slosh!>
> Please, everyone, help put out the flames!

[Landi quickly grabs the pork roast and chicken and set them aside, along
with other endangered elements of dinner.] My dear Lady Miriam, the title
is indeed mine and I'm quite proud of it, but *please* don't stand on
ceremony when dinner is burning!!!  :-)

> Whew!
>
> Well, now...I'll start mopping this up, and perhaps someone will pour out a
> round for the house...
>
> Miriam R.
>
> <N.B.: I am NOT poking fun at the honour of the Gentles involved, as
> honour is something I hold VERY dear.  It was just getting REALLY
> intense here, and I was hoping a little humour might help.>

   Likewise...  Though I'm _just_ spiteful enough to think of all those
who objected to our bit of high spirits last week, "Be careful what you
wish for..."   :-) :-) :-)

--The Honourable Lord Landi Haraldsson (Just to annoy the heralds, who
     tell me "We don't _do_ that in Atlantia!"  :-)