Re: MR-Request-music

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> >> 	I am looking for the words to a song that I heard at a bardic
> >> circle about a year ago if you can help.  "Music, Sex, and Cookies" and I
> >> was told that it was by a gentle named Aed ...
> >
> > that is one of effen's song I believe
> > It might be best to ask him personally
> > He is very particular about having his songs posted on listserve's and
> > the internet so it would be best to ask him personally
> >
> Just to set the record straight, Xavier, shy Philip is indeed correct. The
> song in question was written by Aed of Avi..something, not our beloved Royal
> (No-Holds) Bard Efen. I have often heard Efen sing the tune in question, as
it
> is one of the most requested in his repetoire, but he did not write it. Aed
is
> also responsible for the charming and demented ditty to the tune of "House at
> Pooh Corner" (one of my favourites).
>
> As far as posting the words to "Music, Sex and Cookies", there *is* that
nasty
> little copyright thang. Regardless of who's written the song, I'd be
reluctant
> to post it without their permission.

I have two commercially-produced audio tapes by AEd the Bard, including one
that has "Cookies, Music and Sex".  I'll check them tonight and find out
who produced them, in case you want to order your own copies.  (I should
warn you, though, that, IMHO, the tapes sound kind of "muddy". (But maybe
they've remixed it since then; it was a couple of years ago.)

AEd often comes earlier to Pennsic, and sets up a Great Big White tent
where he hosts really great bardic circles almost every night.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc.lucent.com