Re: Ld. Kwellend

Poster: Kevin of Thornbury <kevin@maxson.com>

Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

> Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>
>
> To get specific: dinner for two, and a movie, costs my wife and around 25
> dollars, at our usual haunts.

Perhaps His Royal Highness and I have richer tastes in entertaining our
ladies... Let's see... $10/person for a meal, which is $23 for dinner when
you include a 15% tip.  Then, movie tickets are what, $7 each?  There's $14
more, making $37.  SCA membership for a year is $35.

And I save money at Pennsic, the rest of it goes to the Acorn, the Oak, TI,
and the Red Tape which I pay no "extra" money for.  The Oak and TI alone
are usually full with enough info to warrant buying books of the same "price"
to get it.

And somewhere, in all of this money and organization, there comes a Society
I love and that makes me and my friends happy.  Such a bargain!

By the way, I subscribe to this list for pertinent info about Atlantia.  This
is pertinent, and I *haven't* heard the discussion.  I'd be happy to make a
separate alias for those who have also not heard it to debate it away from
your Merry Rose, if you like.
_____
 \_/   kevin@maxson.com   http://sca.maxson.com