Re: "Official"?

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

Gawain wrote:
  Being a baronial chronicler, I can address this one, as far as
  publications go.  According to Kingdom Red Tape, baronial/shire/canton
  newsletters must include a statement of the following form:

[Snip of Corporate disclaimer]

  	Therefore, anything published in one of these publications is
  unofficial.

Yet another example of why that language is poor.

The idea is to make it clear that the local authors and local group may not
speak for Corporate in the policy department.  It is something of a shield
against error, libel, or slander.

But, since Corpora II.A makes it clear that a local newsletter can make an
event official, and so do many years worth of clarifications in the Board
Minutes.

I had to study this area, once, when I held a deputy Kingdom position in the
East.

	Tibor