Guardians of the Sacred Stone - Demo on Saturday, July 13

Poster: TamsinBark@aol.com

The Guardians of the Sacred Stone will be having a demo on Saturday, July 13
from 2pm -5pm at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library - Main Branch.  We would
like to welcome all SCAdians to join us in educating today's youth how to
properly poke eyes out and damage other bodily parts ---please see the humor
in this last phrase !!

Seriously, the Library is sponsoring a King Arthur/Camelot fest with many
outside entertainers from jugglers to singers to boffer weapon classes (we
are not sponsoring the classes).  Our local group was asked to participate
and since we are working on how we integrate youth into our group we thought
this would be the perfect chance to try some ideas.   We'll have fighters
there - all are encouraged to join in showing how we fight, explain the
process of armor making, why we play this game, etc.  On the A&S side, we'll
have folks working on projects, explaining what they do and why.  We are
working on putting on an A&S display.

If you are in the Charlotte area and would like to lend some support  to our
local Canton (and since the weather has see its way to cancel Kreigspielen)
we would welcome you with open arms.  We will be gathering around 1 to finish
the final set up.  I am planning to be there at 12 noon.

In Service,

Tamsin Barker
Seneschale, Canton of the Guardians of the Sacred Stone
or to make things easy SCGSS.