Re: Atlantia's Combat Archers - How to help

Poster: "David H Ritterskamp" <dhritter@dpcmail.dukepower.com>

Poster: Donald Wagner <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

It has been proposed that the heavies help support them financially in some
manner, yet there were many valid arguments against and for that.  With this
in mind, perhaps we could discuss this here at the Rose and even concoct a
decent proposal for a solution.

IMHO, I think a voluntary collection at the events and funneled to the
Marshall or Warlord would be great.  Even if it happened at the baronial
level.

What say you?

Wasalaam!!

Falcone

        [Remainder chopped-]

        [Actually, Falcone, if you'll ask the archers, you'll find that there IS
        a cheap alternative to more wooden shafts; I came up with the Thumper a
        couple of years ago and have intermittently been trying to spread the
        news of its usefulness as the mood moved me.

        I know they don't fly as fast, nor QUITE as straight, [although they are
        amazingly straight for golf club tubes] but they're CHEAP, easy to
        produce, and when one of these little suckers hits you, there's no
        doubt, as it also makes a wonderful "PONG" noise when it hits metal, and
        a "SMACK!" that you can't mistake when it hits anything else.

        OK, OK...so it's a blatant plug for the arrows I came up with.  But it
        IS an alternative.  Especially for static battles...

        AND, they glean really well.  Immediately.

        There's my $.02 - now give me my change.

        Ld. J. Blackbow