Re[2]: Tolerance

Poster: "Chuck Graves" <chuck_graves@mail.hq.faa.gov>

Greetings, all.

>In rapier combat, while I have rarely had the situation arise, I call hold,
>and re-calibrate.  I've done that several times during a bout: and it gets
>the message across.  I don't know if there is a tournament combat equivalent.

The same is certainly done in armored combat. Again, the operative term is
rarely. I have seen a few instances where a fighter has halted a fight because
he could see the obvious concern of his opponent. He asked for a telling blow
and based upon that either accepted and withdrew or found the culprit equipment,
usually a broom masquerading as a sword.

This can also be done by the marshals but I have more often seen it done by the
fighters themselves.

Regards,
Tadhg