Re: a few unrelated questions

Poster: "Eric Jon Campbell" <ejcampbe@eos.ncsu.edu>

> I'm glad you cleared that up and that I read both your posts before
> replying to the first. I was a bit confused there for a minute. I had
> never heard anything bad about putting TWS on tents, though I'm fairly
> certain that ingesting it would ba a Bad Thing<tm>, but was going to
> ask you what you'd heard that would be of benefit to ther rest of us
> regarding the safe usage of TWS. Whew! I'm glad that's cleared up now.
>
> In service,
> Corun

Atually I have heard of doing just that
thomson's on canvas makes some sense (both are celulose) it would probably halt
the cotton's absorbative ability.

flamabilty (increase or decrease) and water repellency would be my concerns.
My guess on flame retardancy is that it would be increased or remain the same
else TWS would be a fire hazard on decks where people grill

-Xavier

--
There can be only juan!
                         <100% columbian coffee>