Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 22:16:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dave Montuori <damont@dakota.widomaker.com>
To: Sallie Montuori <foxdale@dakota.widomaker.com>
Subject: Re: WARNING!!! (fwd)

Kevin wrote:
> > For those of in in Northern Virginia....
> > 	There are police officers at *EVERY* possible waiting point
> > 	on Route 66, both east and west bound.

Dragonfyr added:

> > they're all over Rte 1 too....wonder if someone is getting
> > re-elected today

Meli of the Leaded Foot explained that there was a big summer crackdown:
> That means 66, 1, 95, 495, 695, 895, 395, the Fairfax Co. Parkway, and
> similar fun-to-drive-fast-on sorts of autobahns.
>
> <pout> driving to Pennsic is gonna s*ck.... :-(

Only if Maryland and/or Pa. are doing it too. Very little of the trip to
Pennsic is in Virginia -- unless you go all the way out to 81 first.

[snip]

WARNING NOTICE TO FOLKS DRIVING TO PENNSIC:

Most of the major NW-erly routes out of Greater Olde Storvik are under
construction. I-270 is work-squeezed between rush hours. US-15 is down to
ONE lane -- *NOT* one each way, just ONE lane -- alternating directions
while they paint the Potomac River bridge (through the fall). I-66 is,
well, I-66, construction through *NEXT* Pennsic.

Allow considerable extra time for delays unless you're using a Secret Back
Route (tm) -- and I've no idea what the road conditions are beyond
Hagerstown anyway.

Evan