Re: question about recipes

Poster: "Eric Jon Campbell" <ejcampbe@eos.ncsu.edu>

> I was reading up on some cookie recipes that I've been experimenting with and
I've come across
> two ingredients that I'd like to know more about.
>
> Firstly, what are sultanas?
I believe they are a middle eastern dried fruit
 http://www.u-net.com/~jmorley/

sul-ta-na \(,)sel-'tan-e\

[It, fem. of sultano sultan, fr. Ar sult.a^-n]
1: a female member of a sultan's family; esp: a sultan's wife
2a: a pale yellow seedless grape grown for raisins and wine
2b: the raisin of a sultana

>(In a cookie recipe)  and secondly, what is castor sugar?

castor sugar

or caster sugar n
[caster]
chiefly Brit