Re: MR-Disc: Flags

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Corun MacAnndra wrote:

> When I did the artwork for the spifffy Atlantia car flags (see previous
> shameless plug), I used the field from the Royal arms as a background,
> and then put a fieldless (or argent if you want to be picky) roundel
> with the seahorse in it. I think it looks rather nice, and I would be
> glad to see that submitted as a flag. Ok, it may not be proper period
> heraldry, but then I'm biased. ;-)

No, it's not good heraldry, but you already guessed that.
What I had suggested as the flag was even simpler: the kingdom arms
without the crown or laurel wreath. What you're left with is the
blue-and-white stuff: <heraldese> Per pale argent and azure, a fess wavy
cotised counterchanged. </heraldese>

Evan