Re: Heraldic Side Note

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Craig Levin wrote:

> > Rosalind Jehanne
> >      Paradox Keep in the Shire of Drachentor
> >      Or, a Rose Gules, in Chief Three Suns Or
> >
> >     Nice device.  You must have had a Great Herald help you with this :)
>
> Considering that the Suns are invisible, being Or on an Or field,
> I wouldn't be so sure of that....;-)

I was going to ask about that. If I understand the language of heraldese
correctly (I'm not a herlad, nor do I play one on TV), the field is or (gold),
the rose is red (as opposed to proper with gold seeds and green leaves), and
the suns are also gold at the top of the shield (in chief). This would make
three gold suns on a gold field above a red rose. (how'm I doing Herveus).

And Eogan, what's an Og?

In confusion,
Corun