RE: Heraldic Side Note

Poster: Charlene Noto <charlenn@MICROSOFT.com>

Poster: petersr@spiegel.becltd.com (Peters, Rise J.) said:

>> So the A&S folks end up having to implore people to do
>>heraldic display, and then we have to bicker about whether only people who
>>have registered heraldry should get to play.

May I respectfully offer an alternative?

Our local group put on an event a couple of years ago and we wanted
everyone to feel comfortable with who to ask for help. We designed
baldrics with our Canton badge on them and everyone in the Canton
assisting with the event, wanted one to wear. Many of these individuals
did not have arms passed or granted. However, they were still able to
use Heraldry. They still "belonged" to the local group which has
heraldry.

If you wish to participate but don't have arms passed, or don't belong
to a household, etc... ask your Canton, College, Shire or Barony! There
is a lot of Heraldry that we can use. Many Shires would love to see
their fighting individuals wearing their colors. Many Cantons would be
honored to have a team of fighters on the field wearing their colors or
badge. When the former Kingdom notables asked me if they could wear the
MoAS badge on their tabards at Emerald Joust I was honored and VERY
pleased!

There is heraldry for everyone...sometimes you just have to ask.

[Deirdre turns pale as she remembers she had totally forgotten a debt