Web Warrant follies

Poster: "Hinson, Jerome" <hinson.msalan3@mhs.unc.edu>

Lunchtime Greetings unto the Patrons of the Merry Rose.

I'm sure (well, pretty positive - one never knows) that no one here
intended any electronic slap in the face to Rabah.  What an idea!
We all know what he's up against, and personally, I think he's doing
a superb job.  (GREAT web, page, guy.)

What we're trying to say is do we really need more paperwork on file?
Can't people with web sites simply be encouraged to give their
information
to the Kingdom Chronicler?  If someone has gone to the trouble of
erecting
a web site, wouldn't it logically follow that they would want it
advertised? Would
a warrant really be required for that?  As for editorial control, (sigh)
don't get
me started.  How much control can be exerted over someone else's website?

I deeply appreciate the work that chroniclers do, electronic or
otherwise, having
been a chronicler myself, both in the Society and outside.  Can't the web
folk just
be invited to unevent and encouraged to attend chronicler-type gatherings
as they
occur?  Can't we share information without creating more paperwork.
These people
have enough on their plate without more bureaucracy, etc.

Again, I'm not trying to jump on Rabah's stuff.  I am just adding my
opinion
to the soup.  Please consider this opinion (and others) in the spirit in
which
they are intended.

Unto the patrons of the Merry Rose,
Slainte