Re: Acorn on the Web

Poster: homan@nando.net (Fred Homan)

> Poster: John Strauss <jstrauss@gmu.edu>
>
> On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Corun MacAnndra wrote:
>
> > It is my understanding (and I will admit to second hand knowledge here, so
> > take this at face value, if I'm wrong, we'll find out soon enough), that the
> > Society Chronicler wants to make sure that web sites for kingdoms are also
                                                             ^^^^^^^^
> > "official publications".
>
> Two theories of organization are in opposition here. I would label making
> the various web sites that relate to the kingdoms and the various groups
> within them official publications of the SCA, Inc. a _BAD_ thing.

OK, so the Society Chronicler wants Kingdom websites to have the same
officiality as the Acorn.  I can see that.  But, why on earth do we need to
do this for baronial and other "local" websites?  Since all our local
newsletters have to have that nice statement about *NOT* being official
publications of SCA, Inc. why should our local websites be official?  This
makes no sense to me.  Am I missing something?

Aedric the Green
IKA Fred Op

Deputy Herald, Canton of Elvegast (awaiting warrant!)
Barony of Windmaster's Hill
and person who believes in decentralised politics...