Re: Jobs and Cookies

Poster: "Heather Swann" <swann@intercon.com>

> Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>
>
> > Very often such disagreements founder on a more basic question: are
> > our awards merit badges (if you deserve it, you get it) or are they
> > more like orders and awards (merit, timing, luck, personality
> > and influence combine)?  If I want a merit badge, I can join
> > other organizations.
>
> If you lived in Atlantia, you would be at risk of getting "merit
> badge" awards already. Our University Fellows get the cookie
> after teaching at 3 University sessions. I think it's a fine idea
> because it doesn't have the problem of folks being overlooked.
>
> Gregory Blount

I look at my University Apple in a different light- I never saw it as a merit
badge, but as a nice reminder that I actually taught someone else something...
it's actually the cookie I'm most proud of, because it took a lot to overcome
an immense shyness to get up in front of folks to teach.  It still scares me,
frankly, but I just think teaching is so important.  These days though I try
to teach things one on one....

	Miri