Mistress Muirgen

Poster: Tom Brady <duncan@technomancer.com>

Good gentles, I would add to these fond remembrances:

NSTWW, a winter event in Black Diamond that was snowed out. No really, it
can happen :-)

The year was 1993, I believe, in Duke Cuan's first reign. Ice Castles was
in January that year, and as everyone was rolling into town Friday night
they were accompanied by a blizzard not unlike that which ocurred earlier
this year. After much scurrying and fretting and rearranging, the event
was moved to the Blacksburg Marriott at the last minute.

The event went on, in a convivial fashion, with a full feast in which
every dish was cooked at an apartment a mile and a half away and ferried
by several kind gentles with all-wheel drive vehicles (remember, Janos?).

In court that evening, Mistress Muirgen addressed the populace as a member
of the Order of the Pelican, and praised the autocrats, the cooks (and
transporters)and others who worked so hard in utterly bleak conditions to
bring the event off. This was the first time I had ever heard a member of
the Order of the Pelican recognize others in such a way, and this was the
first time that I really began to understand something about the noble
purpose of peerages in the Society.

-Duncan