tartan

Poster: Annejke@prodigy.com (MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST)

Is it a sewn kilt or a great kilt?  If it is a sewn kilt has anyone
tried taking one of the top great pleats out to see what the
condition of the inside pleat is?  It could be that it is in very
good condition.  If it is take it to a color xerox and copy the
tartan.  You can then have a good piece to look at for dissecting the
exact weave.  Do not xerox any of the seriously worn part of the kilt
and mend the area after.  If you are not brave enough to do this I
will be happy to look at it.  I have been making kilts and restoring
tartan weave in worn kilts since 1978.  I also have address' of some
of the tartan companies, two of which ore in Gulph, Ont. just
southwest of Toronto.

Annejke