Re: MR: Discuss: Wlonk

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Bufon)

Quoth Mistress Branwynn Ottersby:
> However much I'd like to use wlonk in my everyday SCAdian vocab,
> there are some uses in which it will NOT surpass spiffy for proper
> rhythm and just-so-ness, FI, "Too wlonk for my hat.." Somehow
> leaves ya wanting, eh, Henry? ;^)

My fault for not mentioning the next entry, "wlonkful", which is
a synonym for "wlonk".  That has the same rhythm as "spiffy"; I'm
afraid I'm not competent to judge just-so-ness.

-- Alfredo
(who loves the just-so-ness of "the green-grey greasy Lim-po-po River")

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

If we teach everybody, including, say, high school students, habits of
skeptical thought, they will probably not restrict their skepticism to
UFOs, aspirin commercials, and 35,000-year-old channelees.  Maybe they'll
start asking awkward questions about economic, or social, or political,
or religious institutions.  Perhaps they'll challenge the opinions of
those in power.  Then where would we be?	-- Carl Sagan