Re: Arms? I thought they were appendages?

Poster: Alys of Foxdale <foxdale@wolfstar.com>

> Poster: Mlonski@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 96-11-07 15:01:33 EST, Laird Eogan writes:
>
> <<FACT:  My AoA scroll appears to be a Xeroxed copy of a standard scroll
>  that has been colored in and my name inserted in the appropriate blanks.
[snip]
>   >>

> Just a quick note from Aedan.  What you really received was a promissary
> scroll.  It gives you something to hang on to while a "real" AOA scroll is
> created.
[snip]

> Many promissaries don't have room for the blazon but the real thing should
> have both the blazon and the device itself.
[snip]

> Aedan (the picky)

A quick way to tell a promissory from The Real Thing:  the latter will
not only be signed Rex and Regina, it will also have a Verum Est
signed by the Principal Herald.  (Triton verifies that your blazon
[the verbal description of your arms] and emblazon [the picture] are
true and complete.)

   Alys of Foxdale        | Vert, on a fess between three trees
foxdale@wolfstar.com      |     argent, a fox passant gules.