Bowing to the Thrones?

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Her Grace writes:

>      And I don't bow to furniture!  :-)
>
>      Melisande de Belvoir

And I would certainly never suggest that she should.  However, I like to
bow to the Thrones, even when they are empty, because it reminds me that
courtesy is a Good Thing (TM), and that we are loyal to the Crown, which
is an office, and not particularly to individuals.  The Thrones as such
represent the Crown just as well has TRM do.

Atlantia as such has no real lands.  It has little property of capital
worth, just some pretty regalia and some various furniture.  The only
real thing of value Atlantia can claim is the loyalty and respect the
populace gives to the Crown, Barons and Peers, and the loyalty these
Personages return to the Populace at large and their households in
particular.  That loyalty is the Capital which allows us to hold events
and demos, conduct wars and universities, and continue to grow.

The size of the populace has nothing to do with the strength of our
Kingdom.  It is the work the populace is willing to do for the Kingdom
which is the measure of our strength.  Demonstrations of respect to the
Crown, the Barons, and the Peers is a sign of that strength, and as such
should not be discounted.

In Service,
Leifr Johansson