Re: Modern Personal Conveniences

Poster: Annejke@prodigy.com (MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST)

>Baroness Annejka would never suggest that her Nikes are period shoes,
 but
>if you want to see pictures of period shoes, or even get help making
them,
>I am sure she would be willing to show you the books and lend you
the help
>you need.

Yep, be most happy to!  Before I was relagated to the sit and stare
crowd I made all my own shoes, my husbands shoes, his period Highland
dancing shoes, my kids shoes, etc., etc.  I have 5 or 10 books on the
subject plus a data base of all the area libraries on the topic.
(actually on most every topic - I sit and stare now)  I can teach you
how to make them and when I go in to do demo's (10-25 per year! yes
per year I am a demo freak!)  I place period shoes on the table of
crafts and talk about them.  I have no problem telling the kids that
I can't wear them anymore because my doctor won't let me.  And the
children accept that explaination readily and get on with life.

Annejke
(Thanks Leifer)