Re: money from events was (RE: Autocratting an event)

Poster: "Heather Swann" <swann@intercon.com>

> >   Is it just me or are events becoming more expensive, in this
> > Kingdom?
>
> Actually before I left the Meridies, prices there were beginning to go
> up as
> well.  Sometimes a decent site forces a huge event fee and sometimes
> it's
> just folks that don't have access to cheap sources of meat, etc.  I
> can't imagine
> what it must be like to feast - o - crat in a place like DC or
> Richmond, for instance.
> The amount of money that one would need scares me...  Anyway that's
> my $.02 worth.
>
> Rebecca

Co-feast-o-cratted one in Ponte Alto at a site borrowed from Storvik- the I
Pugni event.  Pre-paid, it was $9/person total.  Feast ran about $6.25/person,
with three removes of meat (stew, meat pies, chicken) and two veggies for each
remove, salad, bread, cheese, two kinds of butter, and a marzipan desert
remove.  I don't know how Caer Maer's costs run, but that's the DC metro area
for you....I think it pretty decent for the price, but then I used my genetic
haggling advantage when buying food...  ;-)

Miriam Rachael bat Mordecai