RE: Punishment or Incentive?

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

>----------

I believe that pre reg prices being less than door prices are generally
intended to be an incentive.  It helps the cooks, etc to be able to plan
their budget a great deal more when they have some rough idea of
who is coming.  What I believe his Grace was mentioning was an
$8.00 surcharge on those paying at the door.  That's terrible and
something that shouldn't be happening.  That's too much of a dif-
ference, especially for groups like Pink Palace where most of the kids
are students and don't get $25.00 ahead of time.

Don't assume that that sort of thing ONLY happens in Meridies.  I
see events here that are often what I would call too expensive.
Especially
if I'm going to pay for a hotel room to boot, and Atlantia does seem to
love hotel events more and more.  If I'm going to have to pay for a
hotel
room should I be charged any more than $8.00?  Where else is the money
going?  I understand this for a feast like Robare's 12th night where (I
think)
several hundred were served but for a three remove feast that serves 150
or
so, I don't understand it.  Sorry I don't have current examples.

Rebecca