Dance Teachers

Poster: Janet Toney/Terry Neill <71035.3227@CompuServe.COM>

Giovan Donato Falconieri wrote:

>>>This is something I've never quite understood.  I started going to dance
practice.  When 3 months later Lady Ursula's schedule changed so that she
couldn't make it regularly, I borrowed her copy of Rose and Nefr and
never looked back.  Why are people afraid of becoming a dancemaster?

Gregory Blount's dance cheat sheets are wonderful for this.  Anything I've
danced I can get a reminder of, and they're free.  Look on his website.<<<

Caer Mear's Dance Master for quite a while now has been Aedan Alwyn (Mike
Lonski).  He is also our Rapier Marshal and teacher.

This double-burden becomes interesting to juggle when one only has 2.5 hours a
week to teach both.

So he started teaching another person in our Barony to teach the dances.

Now we have Geneveive du Chartres (Meredith Viens) teaching dance.  She is
learning from Gregory's cheat sheets and the cheat notes on the back of Aedan's
tapes.  It didn't take her long to learn and she's having a lot of fun.

It was also a lot less hard to teach than she thought it would be!  I would
recommend to anyone who likes to dance, to try teaching just one dance and see
if you like it!!

We could end up with a GLUT of teachers.

	- Anarra