Re: Cost of an event

Poster: Janet Toney/Terry Neill <71035.3227@CompuServe.COM>

Galmr wrote in response to Gregory Stapleton:

> [...]
agree that events have a much higher 'bang for the buck' then movies or
some other form of entertainment.<<<<

Also, Gregory,  remember that when one is out to dinner and a movie, one is also
paying the salaries of the projectionist, janitor, cook, waiter, maitre'd,
busboy, etc, etc, etc.

At an SCA event, one is not paying the salary of the Autocrat, Troll, Cook,
Servers, or Clean-up crew.

I expect to pay less for an SCA event because the labor is voluntary.

I expect to pay more for dinner because the labor must be paid for.

I do believe, however, that a group's operating funds can come from the events.
That means that almost all events should at least break even and most should
show a reasonable profit.

IMO, fundraising is for special projects, like the aforementioned $3,000
pavilion, spiffy coronets, Commercial food processor, free newsletter
subscriptions, etc.

Imagine the fundraising burnout if every group held fundraisers for every non
event related expense!

	- Anarra