Re: Italian Ren

Poster: teresa marie nava-vaughn <tmn@wam.umd.edu>

Carpaccio's "Two Venetian Women" (AKA the Courtesans) depicts one of the
women wearing a gown made with the skirt and bodice in green and the
sleeves and "built-in" apron in cream.  It's not particoloured per se, but
does incorporate more than one colour.  I have a picture of it if you
would like to see it.  You could do a mock German Ren with the bodice made
from the one you have 1+ yds of and the skirt in three hortizontal pieces.
It won't have the fullness of the original with only 3+ yds but will
approximate the look.

C o'Stow