To:            srankin@op.net
Subject:       A Loss in the Kingdom of Trimaris (fwd)
From:          srankin@Op.Net (Susan Rankin)
Date:          Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:44:03 -0500

Gentles all -

As the seneschal of the Shire of Southkeep, it is my grevious duty to
report some devastating news.

At the Children's Olympiad and Southern Tourney, a social hosted by our
dear neighbors the Shire of Sangre del Sol, there was a terrible
happening.

The fighters were storming the castle here, a favorite occupation when
we hold events at nearby Greynold's Park. After the last melee, our
Shire Marshal, Lord Ioseph of Ithil, Esq, mundanely known as Robert
Cohen, took ill and passed away.

Lord Ioseph was a Squire of Count Wulfhere Trollhammer, who personally
attempted life saving actions in his behalf. Lord Ioseph had a known
asthmatic condition, and as such, our marshals always watched him
carefully, and made sure he has his medication available. So it was this
day - there were three medically trained personnel attending him, the
Metro Dade County Rescue squad responded in under 5 minutes, the
hospital, Aventura Medical Center was less than 10 minutes away.

It was all to no avail. Lord Ioseph's beleagured lungs filled with
fluid, and despite heroic effors from Count Wulfhere, from Clan
Windrider, and Burt DeWitt, an off duty firefighter who was also the
event autocrat, they could not save him. The paramedics also did
everything possible - but one half mile from the hospital, barely
minutes from the site itself, he passed from this world unto the next.

The Shire of Southkeep feels this loss greatly, and extends hands in
sorrow to our brother shire of Sangre del Sol, whose event it was, and
to Clan Windrider, who lost a friend, and to Chris Sanderson, Count
Wulfhere Trollhammer, who lost a dedicated squire.

Lord Ioseph wasn't feeling well the evening before, and again that
morning, but his spirit drove him to push on, and he died in the
presence of his greatest friends, his loving Eliane, and doing what he
loved more than anything else.

He was a good man. The Shire will miss him, South Florida will miss him,
and Trimaris will miss him. A piece of us is gone forever.

Rest in peace, Robert - I know you are where your bodily limits no
longer keep you from your hearts desire. Keep your sword up, and watch
for us until we meet again.

Melissa Good
Seneshcal, Shire of Southkeep. Trimaris.