Something new to worry about

Poster: Dan Mackison <DanM@skantech.com>

I know the deadline has passed on this, but I just came across it
today...

Subject: FCC Imposed Charges: I am writing you this to inform you of a
very important matter currently under review by the FCC. Your local
telephone company has filed a proposal with the FCC to impose * per
minute charges * for your internet service. They contend that your usage
has or will hinder the operation of the telephone network. It is our
belief that internet usage will diminish if users were required to pay
additional per minute charges. We also feel that singling out one area
may lead to ALL of your phonecalls being charged "by the minute" with
future legislation. The FCC has created an email box for your comments,
isp@fcc.gov and tell them what you think. Please forward this email to
all your friends on the internet so all our voices may be heard. Thanks
for your time.
For up to the minute info, visit http://www.fcc.gov
Good reading that will make you sick:
http://www.fcc.gov/bandwidth/love.html
The Internet Access Providers Alliance PS: The average ISP has 100 phone
lines or more. We pay an average of $2,100 per month for each T-1 line
and Local Loop. Also, we pay an average of $38 for each dial-up line.
Plus, 55% of you have a 2nd phone line in your house for Internet use,
paying an average of $15.00 per line. The Bell phone company already
makes ($2,100 + $3,800 + $825.00) -- $6,725.00 per MONTH average off
each ISP. There are thousands of ISP's. Apparently the Bell companies
want to triple their income without providing additional value or
guarantees. If you WANT to pay -Per Minute- access charges to the Phone
Company then do nothing. Otherwise voice your opinion to this email
address:isp@fcc.gov
--
| Dan Mackison                          |
| dan.mackison@pobox.com                |