Re: Canton of the Lost Cavern of the Amber Mount ??

Poster: "Thorpe, John" <thorpj@caepo1.columbiaSC.NCR.COM>

Greetings from Eldred!

Good Duncan replied:

>At 10:14 AM 2/25/97 +0000, Manus MacDhai wrote:
>>I happen to be browsing through the on-line Armorial and came across
>>an entry for "the Canton of the Lost Cavern of the Amber Mount"
>>registered through Atlantia in the early to mid '80s.  Where was
>>this?  Did it dissolve or was it renamed/merged into something else?

>I'm sure our cousins to the south could elaborate more, but unless I am
>mistaken, this was the group that formed around Clemson University
(Clemson,
>SC) back in the mid-to-late '80s, but fizzled out not long after.

A rather fantastic name, I must say.  Yes, Lost Caverns of the
Amber Mountain was indeed the name of the ill-fated group based
at Clemson University.  It was so named for the steam tunnels beneath
the university and after the school colors (orange).  A sequence of
unfortunate circumstances that I only know of second-hand led to the
group dissolving.  The root cause seems to have been one of bad
publicity generated by a vengeful person.  Just before I became a
student at Clemson, Lost Caverns was formally dissolved.  Most of
its members have graduated and moved on, and only a few folks in
Falcon Cree remember the whole story.

In service,
Eldred
Gordian Knot Pursuivant