Re: Bobbin lace supplies

Poster: "Scott Dean" <nacspsd@acs2.acs.ncsu.edu>

> Poster: Elizabeth Urbanik <eurbanik@leo.vsla.edu>
>
> Can anyone tell me (and would you please) where I can get
> bobbin lace supplies in VA or NC? If there are no suppliers in
> these states, tell me some addresses so I can write for
> catalogs.
>
> Many thanks,
> Elenore
> --

Greetings!

My lady does bobbin lace and I will ask her but to my knowledge
there are few if any lace suppiers in our area.  She gets most of
her supplies mail-order from places like Lacis
(http://www.lacis.com).  What are you looking for?  Pillows?  Then
she would suggest some other vendors like Cathy Kursner (sp?) from
Michigan.  If you are not in immeadiate need of supplies, my lady's
modern lace group is sponsoring a FREE Lace day in Chapel Hill, NC in
April (Details to be posted later) and they usually attract a number
of the vendors like M&M Lace and Beggars Lace. I have to keep a
tight grip on her check book when she goes <grin>.  On the other
hand, it is a great place to get presents for her.  I can generally
cover her birthday at the Spring event and Christmas at the Fall
event. <smile>

Please feel free to call her (Francesca la Curiosa mka Muir Dean) at
919-462-8853 (nlt 10pm).

Hope this helps!!

-- Manus MacDhai
   Kappellenberg/Windmasters' Hill