Ponte Alto Auction

Poster: Tom Rettie <tom@his.com>

Greetings unto the denizens of the Merry Rose from the humble and
awe-struck Editor of The Oak, Lady Elisabeth MacAlester of Kintyre.

This Saturday past, at the celebration of the Birthday of the Barony of
Ponte Alto, the gentles of that good land did conduct an auction to benefit
The Oak.  In the process, they raised such a mighty sum as never did a fief
at one time bring to any of my predecessors in this office.

The auction was organized by the gracious Lady Liadain ni Bhrollachain and
conducted by Lord Boroghul Khara.  The latter gave not only his time and
talent, but his voice as well.

I would ask you all to join me in raising a glass to the folk of Ponte
Alto, in thanks for their great skill and astonishing generosity.  In
especial, I must commend the following gentles for donating items for
auction:

Ranulf and Caitlyn, Baron and Baroness of Ponte Alto
Mistress Allasondrea de Fano
Lady Winifred Corbet de Wynterwood
Lady Aislynn Fyrrlocc
Lady Anne of Carthew
Lady Aelfwynn of Whitby
Lady Alesia Sabia de Murcia
Lady Enid nicEoin
Lady Jamie de Javaudan
Lady Karen Larsdatter
Lady Liadain ni Bhrollachain
Lady Megan O'Donally
Lady Rafyn Myra
Lady Ysabel Farquhar
Lord Boroghul Khara
Lord Donald MacGregor
Celia of Rosedale
Collum Maxwell
George Geoffrey of Exeter
Lelia Chamberlain
Mike Abrams
Stacey Wahrman
Viglickr

No less can I thank the generous souls who purchased the items.  But I beg
you forgive me for not publishing their names, as I fear some would prefer
to remain incognito.

I cannot begin to express the depth of my gratitude to the good people of
Ponte Alto.  They have given us all a notable gift.  I pray only that my
poor efforts to produce The Oak bring no shame upon their noble works.

Elisabeth