Re: Summer University WAS RE: Seneschal's letter

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

At 10:37  3/10/97 -0000, William Morris wrote:

>I don't doubt that the majority of Atlantians reside in the North.
>However, if we are to judge what is proper for everyone by what is the
>case for the north, we do a terrible disservice to a large segment of the
>populace...not a majority perhaps...but a large segment none-the-less.
>
>I've noticed that, in addition to, or because of, the geographical
>differences, there are "cultural" differences.  When you start taking
>that into account, you begin to notice how "belittling" it can feel to be
>forced to travel great distances just to get to a "royal" event.

>Sorry for the soapbox...
>

>Lord Liam a'Welwyn, Seneschal,Canton of Cyddlain Downs,
>Chronicler, Barony of Nottinghill Coill,
>and Free Scholar of the Academie d'Espee

It takes a lot to get me riled up, my lord, and a great deal more than this
to make me flame anybody.  Therefore, please consider that the following is
being said in a calm, reasonable tone of voice.

Did any group in central kingdom offer to host this meeting?  In fairness,
did all groups in kingdom have a chance to bid for it? I seem to remember
requests going out to both this forum and the Acorn for such bids.   Who
decided that it will be held where it is sceduled?  (Hint - it was not "The
North", that humongous amorphous entity whose only purpose in life is to
"belittle" southerners.)

And whatever the answers to those questions are, Lord Liam, consider that
"The North", has on numerous occasions been forced to travel south for
kingdom events when certain southern kings refused to travel outside their
own areas.  Both Their Present Majesties and Their Highnesses are to be
commended that they travel so willingly to ALL parts of the kingdom.

Lady Alanna Volchevo Lesa
Partan Pursuivant
Barony of Lochmere