>I have a spelling checker
>I came with my PC
>It clearly marks four my revue
>Mistakes I mite knot sea
>I've run this poem threw it
>I'm sure your glad to no
>Its pitcher purfect in it's weigh
>My chequer tolled me sew
>
>(shamelessly plaguerized(sp?);) from an unknown, but probably notorious,
>author)
>
>We just can't get software(that you and I can pay for) to check many things
>past spelling.
>
>Falcone

<grin, snicker, howl>  Now *that's* funny.  The PC we use is a really snazzy
one; the MSWord program has a grammar check and a thesaurus as well as a
spelling check.  Unfortunately, it doesn't cross over to Eudora.  (Now
watch, Einar will call me up from work and say "Dear.. you can find and
apply it blahblahblah...)  The frustrating thing about the grammar check is
that it can't process sentences with long dependent clauses - and that's my
writing style!

BTW, many years ago, back in the dark ages before my father died - heck,
before he became too sick to work - my mother used to be his secretary.
This was a Good Thing (tm), because Dad was a civil engineer and amateur
musician.  *Mom* was the medieval English major (all my classmates thought I
was really wierd, but that's what happens to you when your mother reads to
you _Beowulf_ and the _Canterbury Tales_ as bedtime stories).  Anyway, he
had this hysterical little filk taped to the typewriter, rhymed to "My
Bonnie Has Gone Over the Ocean," entitled "My Typist Has Gone on Vacation."
This was a MANUAL typewriter, folks, a true instrument of torture.

Elen Prydydd

who needs the Spanish Inquisition?  We've got the Spelling Inquisition!  ;->