Re: North Vs. South

Poster: Scott Silvers/James of Westmorland <ssilvers@liberty.uc.wlu.edu>

> Poster: "Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir <>polearmed@worldnet.att.net" <>
>
> Salaam and all good tidings to you!
>
> David H Ritterskamp wrote:
>
>        Just as the mistake was made with whichever kingdom was out
>   west and
>        split lengthwise, instead of across the middle (thus having two
>   TALL
>        kingdoms with 14 hours travel time end to end instead of
>   cutting them
>        in half horizontally, thus cutting travel time in half) it
>   would be
>        possible to separate Atlantia (or any other kingdom, for that
>   matter)
>        in such a way as to minimize the geographical problems.  I
>   would guess
>        that the split would be between Richmond and Raleigh, and
>   between
>        Black Diamond and points north.  Geographically speaking, that
>        probably works best.

	Ah, but this would still be problematic.  What about those of us
in northern Black Diam?nd.  The I. College of Marshals' Keep (Lexington,
VA) is a hell of a lot closer to the events in Northern Atlantia than
those in southern Atlantia. (I've never been to an event in NC, but I've
been to plenty in MD)Black Diamond is a large Barony, territorially
speaking, and our population is very divided The main center of out
population is in the I. Canton of Cwmnewydd (Blacksburg, VA) with the rest
being divided between the Cantons of Azuremont (Roanoke, VA), Citadel of
the Four Winds (Lynchburg, VA) and Marshals' KI don't think there really
is an easy answer to the whole travel problem, other than to make Kingdom
level events more centralized (and maybe an equal pain in the behind for
everyone to make it all fair, since not all of us can afford to make a
trip to Kings Mountain for coronations and crown tourney, as much as we'd
all desperately love to be there)

				-James
(who's going to be at TRH Cuan and Bera's Coronation, despite the fact
that it's the first day of his final exams and is doing his best to drag
as many of his group's members with him, since it is only 2 1/2 hours away)

Per pale azure and gules, a griffin segreant between three lozenges Or.
___________________    ___________________________________________
|                 |    | James Beckett of Westmorland, Seneschal |
|-----------------|    | Incipient College of Marshals' Keep	 |
|        /\       |    | Barony of Black Diamond                 |
|      /    \     |    | Atlantia                                |
|      \    /     |    | Scott Silvers                           |
|        \/       |    | Washington & Lee University             |

Visit the College of Marshals' Keep Home Page at
	http://www.wlu.edu/~sca