RE: North and South: The Statistics

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

> >> [Placing] Isenfir in the Central region... skews the results
> >> significantly--esp. since most of us in the South STILL
> >> consider it to be in the North.
>
> >No, it will have no affect on the statistics at all.
>
> You missed my point.  Assuming that Isenfir had not become "central"
> in 1990, how would those stats be affected?  My thought is that if
> Isenfir remained "North" after 1990, that more events would be
> classified as "North" as well.

Isenfir has hosted exactly zero (0) Crown Tourneys, Coronations,
Unevents or 12th Nights since 1990. There have been two Universities
held there in that time frame (Dec 1992, Dec 1994) -- but the second of
those was apparently held there because it was the ONLY bid.

It occurred to me a few years ago that the "3 region" division was not
an accurate description of how we seem to play. Instead, maybe there
are FOUR divisions -- the Northern quarter, the Southern quarter, with
the half in the middle divided into East and West. Any comments?

Evan