Letters (was Re: the heraldry requirement)

Poster: "Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir <>polearmed@worldnet.att.net" <>

Allah's Peace to those gathered here!!

Jonathan L. Ibarra wrote:

> Balthazar here.
> I can think of two
> people right off the top of my head who have served the Society well for
> far longer than I have played, and still don't have AoA's.  (Gotta get
> off my butt and write some recommendations)
>
> Balthazar

I gotta say.  I thought getting awards was fun...and it is.  It is an
undeniable thrill to know that your presence, work, and involvement is
recognized.  Validation is a kewl thang.

BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO WRITE A REC LETTER!!!  You can't stop grinning when
someone the crown didn't have a chance to notice individually is
recognized and their presence, work , involvement are validated by those
around them.  Your investment: a 2 cent piece of paper, an insignificant
amount of ink, a 5 cent envelope, a 32 cent stamp, 5 - 10 minutes of
your "precious" time.  Your return: remember the feeling when you got
your first award? you get to have a hand in sharing that with someone
else(just like someone did for you)....and more than once.

My 2 cents.

Falcone