Re: baronies/shires/etc

Poster: Stephen Mumford <redline@shore.intercom.net>

> > That isn't just local perception. I was OUT AND OUT TOLD that
> > Stierbach could not create "Shire orders." Not just that we
> > couldn't register their names, they were NOT ALLOWED TO EXIST. Period.
> >
> When I was seneschale of Isenfir I was told the same thing about shire orders
> and awards.

Mmm, this is interesting.  I know our Canton is in the process of creating
our own little 'order'.  We know it's not official in any sense of the
word, and carries absolutely no 'real weight' with the SCA as a whole, but
that's not why we're creating it.  We're creating it to honor those of our
members we think serve the Canton in a special function.

Even knowing that those involved realized that such orders were completely
unofficial, they still stated point blank not to create them?  I'm
wondering if our group will get the same sort of flak down the road...

Julien de Montfort
redline@catharsis.com
http://www.catharsis.com/sca