Re: baronies/shires/etc

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  Mmm, this is interesting.  I know our Canton is in the process of creating
  our own little 'order'.  We know it's not official in any sense of the
  word, and carries absolutely no 'real weight' with the SCA as a whole, but
  that's not why we're creating it.  We're creating it to honor those of our
  members we think serve the Canton in a special function.

On the right hand:  This is great.  It is very important to let people feel
appreciated and important, and builds a group to be strong.  Good idea!

On the left hand:  The Society's model of "Orders and Awards" is such a
piece of cock and bull, so incorrect and at odds with reality.  You should
be GRATEFUL that Corpora forbids shires to do it.  Rather than clandestinely
work hard to do something bad, why not find another road that is more
period, and does the job even better?

	Tibor