"R" Event April 18-20

Poster: bethanyofbedford@juno.com (Helene Jacobs)

"R" Event - April 18-20, 1997

There will be a non-elimination heavy weapons tourney with a single
winner Saturday at noon.  (you get to fight ALOT).  The winner of the
tournament, the unbelt who advances the farthest, and the fighter who
presents the best appearance will receive a prize crafted by Duke Michael
of Bedford. Authorizations begin at 10:30 am. There will be a rapier
tourney and an IKAC shoot is planned.

We will be holding an A&S Towne Faire on Saturday.  Artisans & Craftsmen
are asked to display their period wares for the populace; to ask
questions, commission items, and make purchases.  All merchants are
welcome.  Please inform us if you wish to participate in the Faire so
that we can make a special banner for you.

There will be Cambok Saturday evening, so bring your equipment!

There will be children's activities planned throughout the day.

A scrumptious feast will be prepared by Lady Adrianna Broussard, under
the tutelage of Duchess Seonaid ni Fhionn and will be served after Court
on Saturday (about 6pm).  There are about 250 on board spaces available.
Reserve early, we are expecting a large turnout.  See menu below.

The Cost: Offboard/No Camp   Offboard/Camp   Onboard/No Camp
Onboard/Camp
		   $ 6.00                   $ 9.00
$12.00                       $15.00
Breakfast and lunch are included in the cost of the event.  Children
under 6 years of age are guests of the Barony; children 6 -12 are half
price.  Families will be charged a maximum of two children.  All prices,
except offboard/no camp, will increase by $3.00 at the door.  If you have
a reservation, but have not paid, the price does not go up.  Please make
checks payable to: The Barony of Marinus, SCA Inc.

"R" Event will be held at Camp Pipisco Boy Scout Camp in Sedley,Va.  The
site opens at 5pm on Friday, April 18 and closes at noon on Sunday, April
20.  This is a camping event. The site is very discreetly wet (No
original containers).  Due to Boy Scout regulations, no pets allowed.

Directions: From the North:  take your best route to I-295s. (South of
Petersburg) Take exit 9A. (Says route 36e, Hopewell.) **  from the South:
 take I-95n to I-295n. (South of Petersburg) On I-295 go approximately 8
miles to exit 9A (says route 36e, Hopewell).**
** Follow route 36 East through Hopewell.  Approximately 5 miles take
route 156 North.  Follow 156n to route 10 East towards Surry.  Follow rt.
10 approximately 21 miles to Spring Grove  (Intersection of Route 40 &
610).  Follow 610 for six miles, Camp Pipisco will be on the left.

Event Coordinator: Lady Antonella Carmina de Marco, Amberleigh Chittum,
1005 Bolling Ave. #45, Norfolk, Va. 23508-1615 (757)451-1207 email:
abc@vigyan.nsu.edu

Reservations: Lady Bethany of Bedford, Helene Jacobs, 5417 Sibert Rd.
Norfolk, Va.23509. (757) 855- 9600. No calls after 10pm. email:
bethanyofbedford@juno.com - Please put "R Event" in the subject line.

A&S Coodinator: THL Elspeth of Harilow, Lisa Webb. 324 Bernice Pl. Va.
Beach, Va.23452. (757) 486-6791. No calls after 9pm.

Feast Coodinator: Lady Adrianna Broussard, Barbara Smith, 844 Hopewell
Ln. Va Beach, Va.23454 (757) 490-1732. No calls after 10pm.

Menu for "R" Event

Breakfast - to be served in the main hall
Blueberry and Banana muffins; Egg casserole - sausage, egg, cheese,
bacon; Biscuits with butter; Coffe, hot chocolate, milk, orange juice

Lunch - to be served in the main hall, also on a sideboard for fighters
Sandwiches - ham, turkey, swiss, cheddar; Fruits and vegetables; Cookies
- shortbread, chocolate chip
*** on a cold day, all will be served in addition to Kelbasa and beef
barley soup***

Dinnner
Broccoli bisque soup; Salad with vinegrette dressing; Bread - white and
wheat ; Leeks and mushrooms; Red potatoes with fresh herbs; Fresh peas;
Chicken marinated in wine sauce; Meat loaf - beef, herbs, sausage, bacon

Dessert
Strawberry shortcake; Cobbler - peach and apple, both with fresh whip
cream

Drinks
Lemonade and ice tea