Re: Museum Search

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, David KUIJT wrote:

> We are asking for suggestions as to where on the extended East Coast of
> the United States and Canada there are museums with actual artifacts from
> Viking to 1600; especially items from 1200 to 1500;  most especially items
> and art from 1400-1450.

In a small town just west of Philly, whose name I don't presently
remember, my wife and I found a sort of cross between museum and
consignment shop.  They featured mostly weapons (the one I remember
in particular was a 16th century rapier in the entryway) of our
period and later, but also had some eclectic stuff besides (the
most memorable being a backup Sputnik that never went up!).  If
this sounds interesting to you, I can find out where it was and
what it was called.

In service,
Kendrick
---